Fluoroplastic Heat Shrink Tubing & Sleeving
PTFE and FEP high temperature heat shrink is the ultimate choice for applications that need high resistance to temperature, chemicals, solvents, and UV light, etc.
With a choice of shrink ratios up to 4:1 and working temperatures of up to 260°C, the applications for these materials is limitless.
Newly developed production methods mean that the PTFE and FEP heat shrink sleeves can be competitive with inferior polymers, such as polyolefin and PVDF, and with their use, product quality can be improved with little or no extra cost. We offer the choice of PTFE and FEP heat shrink (a PFA heat shrink can be made to order), both having their own special properties in both shrinking characteristics and working performance.
The combination of low friction and temperature resistance allows PTFE and FEP heat shrink sleeving to be used in applications such as the encapsulation of bespoke components, encapsulation of temperature sensors with, for example, probe covers, battery pack assemblies, medical devices, automotive, non-stick roller covering, and shatterproofing lamps, etc.
Due to the excellent dielectric and other properties combined, PTFE and FEP heat shrinkable sleeves find many unique applications in electric and electronic engineering. These include the insulation of connections in hot environments such as toasters, soldering irons, etc.
Inert, non-toxic, and bio-compatible are properties sought after by medical device manufacturers. Our PTFE and FEP heat shrink sleeving is widely used by medical device manufacturers and can be produced from FDA and USP Class VI compliant raw polymers. Adtech offers full traceability for materials supplied for these applications.
Our PTFE and FEP heat shrink sleeving is available in a variety of standard sizes. However, we appreciate that every customer's application is unique, and we are always pleased to produce a custom size PTFE or FEP heat shrink sleeve to order.
- Close tolerances for medical, electronic, and instrument applications.
- Ready cut. Our PTFE and FEP heat shrink sleeving can be supplied cut to any length.
- Coloured tubing. All PTFE and FEP heat shrink sleeving can be made in fourteen different colours, however, this would be subject to a minimum order quantity.
- Bespoke sizes. Virtually any size of heat shrink sleeving can be produced from 0.64mm inside diameter up to 350mm diameter. Sizes above this are achievable using different production methods. Please contact our technical sales department for details.
- Closed ends. All of our FEP heat shrink can be supplied with a closed end for encapsulation applications.
Special Fluoroplastic Heat Shrink Products
- 'Geoshrink®' heat shrink sleeves for rock core analysis. This can be supplied in 0.25mm and 0.5mm thickness. We can also offer custom under expanded sizes cut to length, for specific testing applications.
- Non-stick FEP roll covers
- PFA heat shrink sleeving
- FEP heat shrink sleeving for UV and white light applications. We have a dedicated web site for this range of products and more details can be found at www.adtechlamps.co.uk
If you can't see a suitable size or are unsure of which heat shrink sleeve will best suit the demands of your application, please contact our knowledgeable customer service team on +44 (0) 1285 762000 or email email@example.com.
Click on the following to get more information: